How to Root MyPhone TS1 Duo
Adam Parnala | On 01, Jun 2012
As I was passing by in some forums, I saw a thread on how to root MyPhone TS1 Duo. Rooting is always a dilemma when users buy the android products of our local mobile manufacturers because there were very little to no support for it unless there was a popular international counter part. But this time, a well-known method worked. So, the cheap android phone from MyPhone worth Php3,999 can now be rooted. Cool, right?
For the benefit of others who’s not aware, here’s the MyPhone TS1 specs:
- Dual-SIM Touch Android Phone
- 3.2″ 320×480 pixels TFT HVGA Resistive Touch Screen
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- Wi-fi, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 2 MP Camera 1600×1200 pixels
- Motion/Magnetic Sensor
- MP3/MP4 Player/ Stereo FM Radio
- Bluetooth/USB/3.5mm jack
- GSM/EDGE Triband
- Expandable Memory up to 8GB
Now, let’s proceed to the real thing- the process on how to root MyPhone TS1 Duo. This rooting method is the same when I made the tutorial on how to root Cherry Mobile Nova with Android 2.1 Eclair OS. So, I’ll just quote the steps here with a few minor changes.
DISCLAIMER: NoypiGeeks will not be responsible for any damage that may possibly occur to your device in any part of the process although it is unlikely to happen if you’ll follow the instructions carefully. Root at your own risk.
1. Make sure your battery level is above 80%. This is not required but I’m recommending it to lessen possible problems.
2. Download z4root. You can download it using your PC or phone it doesn’t matter just place it in your SD card.
3. Install the z4root app on your MyPhone.
4. Launch the app and click ROOT!
5. Wait for the whole process to finish.
6. Voila! You’ve successfully rooted your MyPhone TS1 Duo!