Download Project NOAH mobile app for Android
Adam Parnala | On 22, Oct 2012
The Project NOAH (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) of Department of Science and Technology has now been given an official mobile version specifically suited for android phones and is now available for download. The mission of Project NOAH is to develop a better for way of using cutting edge technologies towards the improvement of certain disaster prevention and mitigation efforts.
The first version of the app doesn’t really include the flood map feature, but through the help of an app called Flood Control, the mapping and monitoring of flood service has now been embraced by the Project NOAH android app. Access to the current weather information is also available within the app.
What’s nice about with the acquisition of Flood Control is that mobile users who are situated in flood prone areas can now send reports to Project NOAH so that they can get help immediately. To know the complete set of features, check the list below.
Project NOAH Mobile App Features
1. Map View
- PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
- Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contour, Chance of Rain, etc)
- Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan)
- Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges)
- Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)
2. List View
- Almost same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.
- PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)
- Help articles and guidelines
- Information Dashboard
- Useful links and contents
* plus status notifications for “Probability of Rain”
* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)
* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)
* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)
* improved caching for performance and offline usage
* very flexible Settings
If you want to take the Project NOAH app for a spin, go ahead and download it in Google Play Store.