How do Social Networking Sites Affect Students?
Adam Parnala | On 16, Apr 2012
Most of the time, students spend their time hanging around the web with the popular social networking sites. Everyday, more and more people are getting more attached to Social Networking sites as it is now moving in as one of the primary means of communication of people.
Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ were only a few of the tons of the sites out there that caters the need of people. Through Social Media, people has the chance to combine work and relaxation. However, did you ever encounter the question. How do Facebook affect your life? And what is your answer?
What are the benefits a student can get by using Social Networking Sites? Here are some points:
- Get in touch with your loved ones, relatives, and friends
- Get to know the latest news and issues
- Participate in online discussions
- Communicate with your classmates
- Be reminded of assignments, projects, and quizzes
- Conduct group meetings for group projects and announcements
- Get the latest status and messages of your friends through the News Feed
Some of the bad effects are:
- It invades your privacy
- It distracts you in everything you do
- Too much attachment to it may lead to spending too much time in it without doing your tasks
- There are some wrong information released by unauthorized people that causes fear
The mentioned good and bad effects were only partial and it also varies depending on the person involved. Though some people still makes the best out of Social Media, we can’t still forget the negative side of it. Maybe, we should just ask ourselves on what is our current position in the Social Networking World. The ever-growing technology helps us make our life easier and better but we must be sure that we should treat it with moderation.
For now, ask yourself, are you addicted in Social Networking?
- Replicating a Facebook Friend’s Profile Photo, A Great Prank!
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- Facebook App Center: FB Goes Freemium to Premium
- Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
- Formspring Shutting Down, Blames Lack of Resources
Looking for something? Search it!
- Cherry Mobile Omega XL hits stores, Omega HD 2X to follow ‘very soon’
- 2014 Honda Civic has iOS synergy, uses Siri and Nokia HERE navigation
- Next-gen USB Type-C connector can be plugged in both ways
- MyPhone WAREHOUSE SALE! Get up to 55% off on selected MyPhone units!
- Jolla’s Sailfish OS planned to be installable on existing Android devices
- Brother Mono Laser Printer: Get an affordable printer and a chance to win a trip to Japan
- Moliplayer Pro: a versatile media player for Windows Phone 8
- Video: Kindle Fire HDX ad takes aim at the iPad Air
- SKK Mobile Mirage S1: 1.2GHz dual-core CPU, 4.2 Jelly Bean, 5-inch LCD, dual-SIM, Php3,999
- Unknown devices LG D830, Samsung SM-N7505 discovered online