How do Social Networking Sites Affect Students?
Adam Parnala | On 16, Apr 2012
Most of the time, students spend their time hanging around the web with the popular social networking sites. Everyday, more and more people are getting more attached to Social Networking sites as it is now moving in as one of the primary means of communication of people.
Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ were only a few of the tons of the sites out there that caters the need of people. Through Social Media, people has the chance to combine work and relaxation. However, did you ever encounter the question. How do Facebook affect your life? And what is your answer?
What are the benefits a student can get by using Social Networking Sites? Here are some points:
- Get in touch with your loved ones, relatives, and friends
- Get to know the latest news and issues
- Participate in online discussions
- Communicate with your classmates
- Be reminded of assignments, projects, and quizzes
- Conduct group meetings for group projects and announcements
- Get the latest status and messages of your friends through the News Feed
Some of the bad effects are:
- It invades your privacy
- It distracts you in everything you do
- Too much attachment to it may lead to spending too much time in it without doing your tasks
- There are some wrong information released by unauthorized people that causes fear
The mentioned good and bad effects were only partial and it also varies depending on the person involved. Though some people still makes the best out of Social Media, we can’t still forget the negative side of it. Maybe, we should just ask ourselves on what is our current position in the Social Networking World. The ever-growing technology helps us make our life easier and better but we must be sure that we should treat it with moderation.
For now, ask yourself, are you addicted in Social Networking?
- Replicating a Facebook Friend’s Profile Photo, A Great Prank!
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- Pony botnet used as keylogger, steals 2 million Facebook, Twitter, Gmail credentials
- Facebook App Center: FB Goes Freemium to Premium
- Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Looking for something? Search it!
- Torque promo: buy a Droidz One TV, get a chance to win Php20,000
- Huawei Y6 Pro announced
- O+ Upsized offers 40GB storage right out of the box
- Redfox teases Aurea, the first local smartphone with USB Type-C
- O+ Ultra Lite: big battery, big memory
- O+ Ultra 2.0 smartphone announced
- Torque Ego Tab S: Budget Tablets Exist Under Php2k!
- ASUS Cerberus Gaming Keyboard and Mouse coming in PH
- Vaio Phone Biz offers sleek Windows 10 experience
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge renders leaked