How do Social Networking Sites Affect Students?
Adam Parnala | On 16, Apr 2012
Most of the time, students spend their time hanging around the web with the popular social networking sites. Everyday, more and more people are getting more attached to Social Networking sites as it is now moving in as one of the primary means of communication of people.
Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ were only a few of the tons of the sites out there that caters the need of people. Through Social Media, people has the chance to combine work and relaxation. However, did you ever encounter the question. How do Facebook affect your life? And what is your answer?
What are the benefits a student can get by using Social Networking Sites? Here are some points:
- Get in touch with your loved ones, relatives, and friends
- Get to know the latest news and issues
- Participate in online discussions
- Communicate with your classmates
- Be reminded of assignments, projects, and quizzes
- Conduct group meetings for group projects and announcements
- Get the latest status and messages of your friends through the News Feed
Some of the bad effects are:
- It invades your privacy
- It distracts you in everything you do
- Too much attachment to it may lead to spending too much time in it without doing your tasks
- There are some wrong information released by unauthorized people that causes fear
The mentioned good and bad effects were only partial and it also varies depending on the person involved. Though some people still makes the best out of Social Media, we can’t still forget the negative side of it. Maybe, we should just ask ourselves on what is our current position in the Social Networking World. The ever-growing technology helps us make our life easier and better but we must be sure that we should treat it with moderation.
For now, ask yourself, are you addicted in Social Networking?
- Replicating a Facebook Friend’s Profile Photo, A Great Prank!
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- Pony botnet used as keylogger, steals 2 million Facebook, Twitter, Gmail credentials
- Facebook App Center: FB Goes Freemium to Premium
- Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Looking for something? Search it!
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S officially headed to Philippines on Sept 4
- Why you should have a mobile-friendly version of your website
- HTC Desire 510: 64-bit Snapdragon 410, 4G LTE, 4.7-inch display
- Gionee Pioneer P4 KitKat update begins rolling out
- Cherry Mobile Cosmos One: 5.5 Inch Octa Core Phablet on Sale for One Day Only at Php6,999!
- SKK Mobile X4 Selfie Phone with Rotating Camera Announced
- Oppo Neo 5 is official: Snapdragon 400, 1GB RAM, Jelly Bean 4.3
- Nokia Lumia 930 Review
- Cherry Mobile Teasing New Cosmos Series Smartphone?
- Gionee Elife S5.5 with Android 4.4 KitKat Tour: revamped notification drawer, faster UI