How do Social Networking Sites Affect Students?
By Adam Parnala | Published 6:45 PM, Apr 16, 2012
Most of the time, students spend their time hanging around the web with the popular social networking sites. Everyday, more and more people are getting more attached to Social Networking sites as it is now moving in as one of the primary means of communication of people.
Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ were only a few of the tons of the sites out there that caters the need of people. Through Social Media, people has the chance to combine work and relaxation. However, did you ever encounter the question. How do Facebook affect your life? And what is your answer?
What are the benefits a student can get by using Social Networking Sites? Here are some points:
- Get in touch with your loved ones, relatives, and friends
- Get to know the latest news and issues
- Participate in online discussions
- Communicate with your classmates
- Be reminded of assignments, projects, and quizzes
- Conduct group meetings for group projects and announcements
- Get the latest status and messages of your friends through the News Feed
Some of the bad effects are:
- It invades your privacy
- It distracts you in everything you do
- Too much attachment to it may lead to spending too much time in it without doing your tasks
- There are some wrong information released by unauthorized people that causes fear
The mentioned good and bad effects were only partial and it also varies depending on the person involved. Though some people still makes the best out of Social Media, we can’t still forget the negative side of it. Maybe, we should just ask ourselves on what is our current position in the Social Networking World. The ever-growing technology helps us make our life easier and better but we must be sure that we should treat it with moderation.
For now, ask yourself, are you addicted in Social Networking?
- Replicating a Facebook Friend’s Profile Photo, A Great Prank!
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- Pony botnet used as keylogger, steals 2 million Facebook, Twitter, Gmail credentials
- Facebook App Center: FB Goes Freemium to Premium
- Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Looking for something? Search it!
- Plantronics Backbeat Go, Voyager, and RIG 500 headphones now in the Philippines
- Lenovo Vibe C coming to the Philippines for Php4,799
- Toshiba e-Studio Multifunction Printers launched in PH
- YouTube announces mobile live streaming, ready to take on Facebook live
- Oppo A37 now in the Philippines for Php8,990
- SanDisk iXpand is an iPhone case with built-in 128GB storage
- Starmobile Smart Super Pack 600: Knight Series Smartphones + FREE internet + Exclusive Promos
- Lazada PH orders now come with FREE shipping within Metro Manila
- Cherry Mobile Flash: 5.5-inch Full HD, Octa-core CPU, 16MP shooter for Php5,999
- O+ Online Supreme Kit: Quad-core O+ Selfie Phone + 1 year internet for only Php2,650
- Carbonn BH-25 Bluetooth Headset: Answer Calls Like a Pro!
- Carbonn BHS-110 Bluetooth Headset Review: Neckband Design and Affordable Php999 Price Tag!
- Cherry Mobile Flare XL 2.0 Review
- Cubix Cube 3 Review
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Prime 5 Review
- O+ NotePad 4G Intellipen Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 6.0 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Review – After the hype
- O+ Duo Review: Dual OS Windows and Android device
- Cherry Mobile Flare Selfie Review