Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Adam Parnala | On 03, Sep 2012
Facebook is literally going crazy as they will soon include the email, mobile numbers and user ID in the in-ad targeting campaigns they have. They don’t really care about their users privacy and everybody hates it. With this new policy, advertisers will be able to target specific users and what’s worse, this new power will eventually get us irritated when they start to roll this out.
This new functionality is currently being tested privately with few selected advertisers. The process starts when an advertiser uploads an email list, mobile numbers or user IDs that they want to target in either CSV or TXT format . This capability was reported to be temporarily available via a Power Editor tool which is reachable through the “Custom Audiences” tab.
This policy may launch very soon and people with access to Facebook premium will have the ability to bombard our Facebook experience with tons of ads. Facebook is going too far and they should notice it.
I honestly think that Facebook may harm itself doing these kind of stupid things. Yes, they have a large number of users but that will deplete drastically if they will not stop invading our privacy. They are going nuts and they only care about money. Wake up, Facebook.
[ source: InsideFacebook ]
- Is Your Facebook Account Safe? Know Online World’s Latest Security Measures
- Facebook Newsfeed Redesign Coming Soon, Highlights Multiple Newsfeeds
- Replicating a Facebook Friend’s Profile Photo, A Great Prank!
- How do Social Networking Sites Affect Students?
- See less trash in your News Feed with Facebook’s Organize tool
Looking for something? Search it!
- Tekken 7’s latest character revelation is a Filipina named Josie Rizal
- Cherry Mobile is 2014’s top smartphone vendor in the Philippines
- Xiaomi Mi TV 2: 40-inch smart TV for Php14,400
- Report: Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 to launch on March 31
- Kata M3 coming soon: 5.5-inch HD, octa-core CPU, 2GB RAM
- Lenovo K3 Note: affordable midrange phablet with capable hardware
- Acer Iconia Tab 10: cheap high-res tablet for $249
- Cherry Mobile Flare Lite Gets a Price Drop, Now Only Php1,999!
- Zenfone 2 Now on Lazada, But You Probably Shouldn’t Buy It Yet
- Halo Mobile Clothing Summer Collection Officially Launched at SM North EDSA!