Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Adam Parnala | On 03, Sep 2012
Facebook is literally going crazy as they will soon include the email, mobile numbers and user ID in the in-ad targeting campaigns they have. They don’t really care about their users privacy and everybody hates it. With this new policy, advertisers will be able to target specific users and what’s worse, this new power will eventually get us irritated when they start to roll this out.
This new functionality is currently being tested privately with few selected advertisers. The process starts when an advertiser uploads an email list, mobile numbers or user IDs that they want to target in either CSV or TXT format . This capability was reported to be temporarily available via a Power Editor tool which is reachable through the “Custom Audiences” tab.
This policy may launch very soon and people with access to Facebook premium will have the ability to bombard our Facebook experience with tons of ads. Facebook is going too far and they should notice it.
I honestly think that Facebook may harm itself doing these kind of stupid things. Yes, they have a large number of users but that will deplete drastically if they will not stop invading our privacy. They are going nuts and they only care about money. Wake up, Facebook.
[ source: InsideFacebook ]
- Is Your Facebook Account Safe? Know Online World’s Latest Security Measures
- Facebook Newsfeed Redesign Coming Soon, Highlights Multiple Newsfeeds
- Replicating a Facebook Friend’s Profile Photo, A Great Prank!
- How do Social Networking Sites Affect Students?
- See less trash in your News Feed with Facebook’s Organize tool
Looking for something? Search it!
- Xiaomi Mi Band: a smart fitness tracker for just Php550
- Cherry Mobile Tegra Note 7 to be Announced at SM North EDSA!
- Xiaomi Mi4: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 CPU, 3GB RAM, MIUI V6
- DTC Finally Joins the Octa-core Game with GT21 Neptune
- THL 5000 Coming Soon to PH with Octa-core CPU and Monstrous 5,000mAh Battery
- Samsung’s premium Level headphones, speakers announced
- ZeroLemon accessories now available in the Philippines
- Asus ZenFone series arrives in the Philippines
- Blackberry Z3 Lands Locally with 5 Inch Screen and Php10,990 Price Tag
- LG G3 Beat: G3′s mini version with laser-assisted camera