Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Adam Parnala | On 03, Sep 2012
Facebook is literally going crazy as they will soon include the email, mobile numbers and user ID in the in-ad targeting campaigns they have. They don’t really care about their users privacy and everybody hates it. With this new policy, advertisers will be able to target specific users and what’s worse, this new power will eventually get us irritated when they start to roll this out.
This new functionality is currently being tested privately with few selected advertisers. The process starts when an advertiser uploads an email list, mobile numbers or user IDs that they want to target in either CSV or TXT format . This capability was reported to be temporarily available via a Power Editor tool which is reachable through the “Custom Audiences” tab.
This policy may launch very soon and people with access to Facebook premium will have the ability to bombard our Facebook experience with tons of ads. Facebook is going too far and they should notice it.
I honestly think that Facebook may harm itself doing these kind of stupid things. Yes, they have a large number of users but that will deplete drastically if they will not stop invading our privacy. They are going nuts and they only care about money. Wake up, Facebook.
[ source: InsideFacebook ]
Looking for something? Search it!
- Cherry Mobile One 4G leaked, to launch this month
- Sony Xperia C5 Ultra features dual 13-megapixel cameras, 6-inch display
- Sony Xperia M5: a ‘super mid-range smartphone’ with 5-inch 1080p display, 21.5MP camera
- Motorola Moto X Style, Moto X Play unveiled
- Lenovo Vibe Shot Hands On Impressions: Not Your Average Point and Shoot Replacement
- Homtom HT6 smartphone to offer huge battery capacity at 6250mAh
- Meizu m2 smartphone announced
- LG Gentle brings back the flip phone trend
- OnePlus 2 claims to be the ‘2016 flagship killer’ of smartphones
- Lava Pixel V1 redefines Android One smartphones