Formspring Shutting Down, Blames Lack of Resources
By Adam Parnala | Published 11:48 PM, Mar 16, 2013
Formspring, the first ever ‘”ask me anything” platform which lets users ask questions anonymously, will be shutting down on March 31, 2013. The Founder and CEO Ade Olonoh announced the news yesterday afternoon.
Starting March 31st, users will no longer be able to use the site to ask and answer questions but they will be given more time to export their data until April 15, 2013. After the said date, the site and apps will go offline and they will bury your datas with it. So if it’s important to you, go export it now by following our simple tutorial below.
Formspring emerged as the leader in the Q&A platform ever since its launch in 2009. At first it was the sole big player in the field but its usage and popularity were seriously hurt when huge brands like Tumblr directly copied its key feature. The company initially had $14 million as capital to power up its marketing and development but that didn’t gave them the much needed push. Formspring also dipped their toes to be an “internet-based social network” last year but no matter how hard they try, they just can’t bring the good old days back. Facebook and Twitter are currently dominating, and there are no signs of any slow down.
Their biggest problem is the large chunk of competitors which replicated their system. One of the most popular Formspring like site is Ask.FM which lets users ask questions anonymously. Its popularity is quickly picking up and its only a matter of time before they get tagged as the new Formspring.
The last few months were filled with rumors that Formspring is cutting their internal staff to reduce their expenses. Today, it’s now official – and final. The official announcement was made through a blog post and you can read it here.
How to Export Formspring Responses
- Log into your account and visit — http://www.formspring.me/account/export.
- Click the export button.
- When your export is ready you’ll receive an email.
- Visit http://www.formspring.me/account/export again to download a zip file with your data.
Do you use Formspring? What are your thoughts about its closure?
Looking for something? Search it!
- Toshiba e-Studio Multifunction Printers launched in PH
- YouTube announces mobile live streaming, ready to take on Facebook live
- Oppo A37 now in the Philippines for Php8,990
- SanDisk iXpand is an iPhone case with built-in 128GB storage
- Starmobile Smart Super Pack 600: Knight Series Smartphones + FREE internet + Exclusive Promos
- Lazada PH orders now come with FREE shipping within Metro Manila
- Cherry Mobile Flash: 5.5-inch Full HD, Octa-core CPU, 16MP shooter for Php5,999
- O+ Online Supreme Kit: Quad-core O+ Selfie Phone + 1 year internet for only Php2,650
- Oppo A37: 5-inch 720p Display, Snapdragon 410 CPU, Aluminum Build
- Get up to 50% discount on Torque’s Mobile Splash Sale
- Carbonn BH-25 Bluetooth Headset: Answer Calls Like a Pro!
- Carbonn BHS-110 Bluetooth Headset Review: Neckband Design and Affordable Php999 Price Tag!
- Cherry Mobile Flare XL 2.0 Review
- Cubix Cube 3 Review
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Prime 5 Review
- O+ NotePad 4G Intellipen Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 6.0 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Review – After the hype
- O+ Duo Review: Dual OS Windows and Android device
- Cherry Mobile Flare Selfie Review