Formspring Shutting Down, Blames Lack of Resources
By Adam Parnala | Published 11:48 PM, Mar 16, 2013
Formspring, the first ever ‘”ask me anything” platform which lets users ask questions anonymously, will be shutting down on March 31, 2013. The Founder and CEO Ade Olonoh announced the news yesterday afternoon.
Starting March 31st, users will no longer be able to use the site to ask and answer questions but they will be given more time to export their data until April 15, 2013. After the said date, the site and apps will go offline and they will bury your datas with it. So if it’s important to you, go export it now by following our simple tutorial below.
Formspring emerged as the leader in the Q&A platform ever since its launch in 2009. At first it was the sole big player in the field but its usage and popularity were seriously hurt when huge brands like Tumblr directly copied its key feature. The company initially had $14 million as capital to power up its marketing and development but that didn’t gave them the much needed push. Formspring also dipped their toes to be an “internet-based social network” last year but no matter how hard they try, they just can’t bring the good old days back. Facebook and Twitter are currently dominating, and there are no signs of any slow down.
Their biggest problem is the large chunk of competitors which replicated their system. One of the most popular Formspring like site is Ask.FM which lets users ask questions anonymously. Its popularity is quickly picking up and its only a matter of time before they get tagged as the new Formspring.
The last few months were filled with rumors that Formspring is cutting their internal staff to reduce their expenses. Today, it’s now official – and final. The official announcement was made through a blog post and you can read it here.
How to Export Formspring Responses
- Log into your account and visit — http://www.formspring.me/account/export.
- Click the export button.
- When your export is ready you’ll receive an email.
- Visit http://www.formspring.me/account/export again to download a zip file with your data.
Do you use Formspring? What are your thoughts about its closure?
Looking for something? Search it!
- Kata Drive is the “most powerful tablet for drivers”
- Cherry Mobile Fusion Aura Play: Digital TV, Quad-core CPU, only Php2,499
- Meizu MX6 with Helio X20, 4GB RAM, and Flyme OS now official
- Cherry Mobile Flare HD 2: 5-inch HD Display, Quad-core CPU, only Php2,999
- ZTE Small Fresh 4: 5.2-inch Display, Octa-core CPU, Android Marshmallow
- Lenovo Vibe A: 4-inch Display, 512MB RAM, Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Smart launches Smart Life mobile app with Perks, Videos, Music, and Games
- Cherry Mobile J2: 5-inch HD Display, Quad-core CPU, Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Cherry Mobile Flash now official
- ASUS Zenfone 3, Zenbook 3 and Transform 3 Official PH Launch is August 14
- Cherry Mobile Flare XL 2.0 Review
- Cubix Cube 3 Review
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Prime 5 Review
- O+ NotePad 4G Intellipen Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 6.0 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Review – After the hype
- O+ Duo Review: Dual OS Windows and Android device
- Cherry Mobile Flare Selfie Review
- O+ Xfinit Review
- Torque Ego Phab 3G First Impressions: An All in One Call and Text Tablet Guaranteed to Fit Your Budget!