Protect Your Twitter Account- Thousands of Twitter Passwords Leaked!
Adam Parnala | On 14, May 2012
Another security alarm sinks in the social media world as a hacker (or hackers) got in to the account of approximately 55,000+ twitter and users releasing their details in the “popular” presentation site of crackers, Pastebin. The list of the broken down accounts were so large that it accumulated 5 pages in Pastebin. Meaning, whoever it is, it is a real threat.
What is Pastebin by the way? It is the place where hackers throw their “marks” to their work done anonymously so they will not be jammed.
What did Twitter do?
As an immediate response to the incident, Twitter quickly pushed the button for password resets for the infected accounts to let their owners recover their account as soon as possible. They also contacted other possible tainted users so they will be aware of what just happened and take urgent action by themselves.
This issue strongly reminds every internet junkie that it is never safe to settle with mediocre passwords instead go for the full security even it is the harder way. To help you get going, you can read my tips on how to make your online account secured and follow my simple guidelines. Unfortunately, this is still not a guarantee that you are totally out of harm’s way but it is just a way to prevent the basic attacks.
To sum this up, let’s me ask you a quick question. How long is your twitter password and how often do you change it?
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- HTC First: Is this the Facebook phone? Image leaked ahead of launch!
- 7 normal things online that are creepy in real life [VIDEO]
- Facebook Newsfeed Redesign Coming Soon, Highlights Multiple Newsfeeds
- Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Looking for something? Search it!
- Torque Ego Tab S: Budget Tablets Exist Under Php2k!
- ASUS Cerberus Gaming Keyboard and Mouse coming in PH
- Vaio Phone Biz offers sleek Windows 10 experience
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge renders leaked
- ZH&K Mobile Odyssey Perri: Android Lollipop, 1.3GHz quad-core, 6-inch qHD display, Php3,699
- ZH&K Mobile Odyssey Evo: Android Lollipop, 1.3GHz quad-core, 5.5-inch LCD, Php6,999
- Torque Droidz One TV, Droidz Duo, Droidz Marvel prices slashed at Lazada sale
- Firefly Mobile Intense Desire: MediaTek MT6753, 5.5-inch HD, 3GB RAM, 13MP camera, Php6,499
- Starmobile Knight Luxe sells at Php1,500 off until Chinese New Year
- Cloudfone Geo 402q on sale: grab the phone for only Php999