Protect Your Twitter Account- Thousands of Twitter Passwords Leaked!
Adam Parnala | On 14, May 2012
Another security alarm sinks in the social media world as a hacker (or hackers) got in to the account of approximately 55,000+ twitter and users releasing their details in the “popular” presentation site of crackers, Pastebin. The list of the broken down accounts were so large that it accumulated 5 pages in Pastebin. Meaning, whoever it is, it is a real threat.
What is Pastebin by the way? It is the place where hackers throw their “marks” to their work done anonymously so they will not be jammed.
What did Twitter do?
As an immediate response to the incident, Twitter quickly pushed the button for password resets for the infected accounts to let their owners recover their account as soon as possible. They also contacted other possible tainted users so they will be aware of what just happened and take urgent action by themselves.
This issue strongly reminds every internet junkie that it is never safe to settle with mediocre passwords instead go for the full security even it is the harder way. To help you get going, you can read my tips on how to make your online account secured and follow my simple guidelines. Unfortunately, this is still not a guarantee that you are totally out of harm’s way but it is just a way to prevent the basic attacks.
To sum this up, let’s me ask you a quick question. How long is your twitter password and how often do you change it?
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- HTC First: Is this the Facebook phone? Image leaked ahead of launch!
- 7 normal things online that are creepy in real life [VIDEO]
- Facebook Newsfeed Redesign Coming Soon, Highlights Multiple Newsfeeds
- Leaked HTC M8 images posted on Twitter
Looking for something? Search it!
- Snapdragon 800 vs Snapdragon 801 — What’s the Difference?
- Makita, Pasig earn ‘Selfie Capital of the World’ title
- WeChat 5.2 update overview
- Apple releases iOS 7.1 update
- HP 8 Android tablet launched for $170
- Social app Banter lets you join chatrooms, be anonymous if you want
- MyPhone Tierra MyPad 4 quietly unveiled: quad-core 3G tablet for Php9,988
- The Evo Litepad 8 Brings Awesome Features at its Php6k Price Point
- Urban Armor Gear Cases for Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3
- SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive offers easy file transfers between PC and mobile device