Protect Your Twitter Account- Thousands of Twitter Passwords Leaked!
Adam Parnala | On 14, May 2012
Another security alarm sinks in the social media world as a hacker (or hackers) got in to the account of approximately 55,000+ twitter and users releasing their details in the “popular” presentation site of crackers, Pastebin. The list of the broken down accounts were so large that it accumulated 5 pages in Pastebin. Meaning, whoever it is, it is a real threat.
What is Pastebin by the way? It is the place where hackers throw their “marks” to their work done anonymously so they will not be jammed.
What did Twitter do?
As an immediate response to the incident, Twitter quickly pushed the button for password resets for the infected accounts to let their owners recover their account as soon as possible. They also contacted other possible tainted users so they will be aware of what just happened and take urgent action by themselves.
This issue strongly reminds every internet junkie that it is never safe to settle with mediocre passwords instead go for the full security even it is the harder way. To help you get going, you can read my tips on how to make your online account secured and follow my simple guidelines. Unfortunately, this is still not a guarantee that you are totally out of harm’s way but it is just a way to prevent the basic attacks.
To sum this up, let’s me ask you a quick question. How long is your twitter password and how often do you change it?
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- HTC First: Is this the Facebook phone? Image leaked ahead of launch!
- 7 normal things online that are creepy in real life [VIDEO]
- Facebook Newsfeed Redesign Coming Soon, Highlights Multiple Newsfeeds
- Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Looking for something? Search it!
- Cherry Mobile One Review
- Asus Republic of Gamers G501, G551, G20 now available in the Philippines
- Android M announced
- FluxMob Bolt: Powerbank + Wall charger in One
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Review: A Bang for Buck 4G Smartphone That’s Easy on the Pocket
- Selling your Android phone? Encrypt it first before doing a factory reset
- Beats Solo 2 Wireless now available for Php18,500
- Asus Zenfone 2 Unboxing and First Impressions
- SKK Mobile Skylark, Aura quad-core phablets for less than Php3,000
- Deal alert! Cherry Mobile Infinix Pure to sell for only Php3,999 on May 29-31