Protect Your Twitter Account- Thousands of Twitter Passwords Leaked!
By Adam Parnala | Published 4:58 PM, May 14, 2012
Another security alarm sinks in the social media world as a hacker (or hackers) got in to the account of approximately 55,000+ twitter and users releasing their details in the “popular” presentation site of crackers, Pastebin. The list of the broken down accounts were so large that it accumulated 5 pages in Pastebin. Meaning, whoever it is, it is a real threat.
What is Pastebin by the way? It is the place where hackers throw their “marks” to their work done anonymously so they will not be jammed.
What did Twitter do?
As an immediate response to the incident, Twitter quickly pushed the button for password resets for the infected accounts to let their owners recover their account as soon as possible. They also contacted other possible tainted users so they will be aware of what just happened and take urgent action by themselves.
This issue strongly reminds every internet junkie that it is never safe to settle with mediocre passwords instead go for the full security even it is the harder way. To help you get going, you can read my tips on how to make your online account secured and follow my simple guidelines. Unfortunately, this is still not a guarantee that you are totally out of harm’s way but it is just a way to prevent the basic attacks.
To sum this up, let’s me ask you a quick question. How long is your twitter password and how often do you change it?
- Twitter will start charging $5/month, Reveals “Twttr” A Consonant Only FREE Alternative
- HTC First: Is this the Facebook phone? Image leaked ahead of launch!
- 7 normal things online that are creepy in real life [VIDEO]
- Facebook Newsfeed Redesign Coming Soon, Highlights Multiple Newsfeeds
- Facebook ad targeting using email, mobile numbers, and user ID may launch soon
Looking for something? Search it!
- Toshiba e-Studio Multifunction Printers launched in PH
- YouTube announces mobile live streaming, ready to take on Facebook live
- Oppo A37 now in the Philippines for Php8,990
- SanDisk iXpand is an iPhone case with built-in 128GB storage
- Starmobile Smart Super Pack 600: Knight Series Smartphones + FREE internet + Exclusive Promos
- Lazada PH orders now come with FREE shipping within Metro Manila
- Cherry Mobile Flash: 5.5-inch Full HD, Octa-core CPU, 16MP shooter for Php5,999
- O+ Online Supreme Kit: Quad-core O+ Selfie Phone + 1 year internet for only Php2,650
- Oppo A37: 5-inch 720p Display, Snapdragon 410 CPU, Aluminum Build
- Get up to 50% discount on Torque’s Mobile Splash Sale
- Carbonn BH-25 Bluetooth Headset: Answer Calls Like a Pro!
- Carbonn BHS-110 Bluetooth Headset Review: Neckband Design and Affordable Php999 Price Tag!
- Cherry Mobile Flare XL 2.0 Review
- Cubix Cube 3 Review
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Prime 5 Review
- O+ NotePad 4G Intellipen Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 6.0 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Review – After the hype
- O+ Duo Review: Dual OS Windows and Android device
- Cherry Mobile Flare Selfie Review