A new variant of the Asus Fonepad 7 is now available in the Philippines. The new model FE170CG packs the same 7-inch display but dilutes on some features to reach that sweet, affordable price of Php5,995.
As the name implies, the Asus Fonepad 7 is a tablet with full phone functionality, allowing users to make 2G and 3G calls. It runs Google’s mobile operating system, but Asus has customized the software with its ZenUI for “over 200 upgrades and enhancements” over vanilla Android.
Asus Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Specs
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradeable to 4.4 KitKat)
- 7-inch display (1024×600 WSVGA), ~170ppi
- 1.2GHz dual core Intel Atom Z2520 processor
- PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB/8GB internal storage
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 2-megapixel main camera, with autofocus but no LED flash
- 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 2G: GSM, EDGE | 3G: HSPA+
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 192 x 110 x 10.7mm
- Weight: 290g
- 15Wh Li-Po battery
Asus estimates the Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) to go on for up 10 hours of mixed usage, but naturally the actual battery life may be shorter depending on the apps being run. One of the available accessories is the MagSmart Cover for scratch protection.
Asus has unveiled several FonePads in the past. One of the earlier models boasted better specs albeit with a higher price tag. But with a lowered price of Php5,995, the FE170CG sells for those with a tighter budget who can put up with the toned-down specs.