ASUS has unveiled a new budget-friendly smartphone, the ASUS Zenfone Max M2, and it has been immediately made available to the Philippine market.
This device is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor, with 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage. A 4GB/64GB variant is also under production but may arrive in the country on a later date.
It has a juicy 4,000mAh battery and a large 6.3-inch HD+ screen, so you can game and watch movies immersively for hours.
ASUS included a 13-megapixel primary camera on the back with a wide f/1.8 aperture, while sitting beside it is a 2-megapixel depth-sensing camera. An 8-megapixel selfie shooter can be found on the front.
On the downside, it ships with Android Oreo out of the box. A taste of Android Pie would be better, but at least it runs on stock-Android experience.
ASUS Zenfone Max M2 Specs
- Android 8 Oreo
- Dual SIM
- 6.3-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~266ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0, LED flash
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras, f/1.8, PDAF, LED flash
- AI scene detection
- Headphone jack
- 5-magnet speaker, NXP smart amplifier
- Fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- FM radio
- Dimensions: 158 x 76 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 160g
- Colors: Midnight Black, Meteor Silver, Space Blue
- 4,000mAh battery, 10W charger
The ASUS Zenfone Max M2 has a retail price of Php8,995 and will go on sale this week. You can get it at ASUS and Zenfone Stores and kiosks around the country.