The first Honor smartphone since the brand’s split with Huawei is now out. Meet the new Honor V40 5G.
Since it’s currently only out in China, it’s not clear if the Honor V40 5G can now have Google Mobile Services (GMS) since all devices that came out there don’t come with GMS anyway. Hopefully, it will, once it launches in markets like the Philippines since this one looks like a really interesting device.
Starting the parade of impressive specs list is the Dimensity 1000 Plus CPU, one of MediaTek’s most powerful chipset to date. Other than the power it provides, it also has a modern connectivity feature for WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, and dual-band GPS.
Keeping the lights on is a 4,000mAh battery, with the Mate 40 series’ 66W fast charging can fill up the device in only 35 minutes.
On the front, the Honor V40 5G has a curved and enormous 6.72-inch OLED screen, with a fast 120Hz refresh rate and 300Hz touch sampling. There’s a pill-shaped punch-hole for the dual selfie cameras.
We then have a unique design on the back, carried by the unique camera layout. It houses the 1/1.56-inch 50-megapixel RYYB sensor. It’s joined by laser autofocus, as well as the usual 8-megapixel ultra-wide and 2-megapixel macro cameras.
The Honor V40 5G starts at CNY3,599 (around Php26,700) for the 8GB/128GB, while the 8GB/256GB has a price of CNY3,999 (around Php29,700). Again, it will be initially available in China, while its release details in markets like the Philippines is yet to be revealed.
Honor V40 5G Specs
- Android 10, Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.72-inch AMOLED display, 2676 x 1236 pixel resolution, ~440ppi
- 2.6GHz MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel dual front camera
- 50-megapixel (RYYB, f/1.9, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.4) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, Laser AF, dual LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, QZSS
- IR Blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 74.3 x 8mm
- Weight: 189g
- Colors: Rose Gold, Titanium Silver, Midnight Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 66W fast charging