Honor just launched a new mid-range phone in China, the Honor X40i, and it carries a couple of familiar specs and features.
The Honor X40i is powered by the aging but still trusty MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor — one of the cheapest 5G-equipped chipsets in the market.
What really caught our attention is the design. It comes in a Rose Pink color that looks like really shiny. There’s also a Silver option that looks equally fancy. If you want something basic, you can go with the black or green colors.
You will also notice the two overlapping lenses that hold the 50-megapixel main camera and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
We’re not sure if the renders are accurate, but the X40i appears to have ultra-thin bezels surrounding its enormous 6.7-inch LCD screen. Sadly, it is capped at 60Hz.
Another impressive feat is the 40W fast charging, but only for a 4,000mAh battery. It then runs on the Android 12 operating system with Magic UI 6.1 interface on top.
The Honor X40i has a price of CNY1,599 (around Php13,400) for the base 8GB/128GB model while the 12GB/256GB is at CNY1,999 (around Php16,700). It will be available in China starting July 22. No word yet if it’s coming to other countries.
Honor X40i Specs
- Android 12, Magic UI 6.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch FHD+ LTPS LCD, 2388 x 1080 pixel resolution, 391ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Mali-G57 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 74.5 x 7.43mm
- Weight: 175g
- Colors: Night Black, Green, Star Dream Silver, Rose Galaxy
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 40W fast charging