Cryptocurrency might be on the down low, but there are still people who believe that blockchain is the future. Even big companies are betting on this technology, including HTC.
The Taiwanese tech company is so into it that they came up with a smartphone that’s heavily rooted to blockchain. The new HTC Exodus 1 is the brand’s high-end handset that doubles as a cryptocurrency wallet.
The Exodus 1 comes with Zion, a crypto wallet that HTC created themselves. It then utilizes the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845’s dedicated security enclave to keep your crypto account safe, even from the Android apps that are installed on the device.
HTC is also taking it a step further as the Exodus 1 features key sharding, which creates a social key recovery in case the actual device gets stolen or missing. The device also runs on Decentralized Apps (DAPPS) to make it more secured and immune to tampering.
As for the rest of the specs, the HTC Exodus 1 flags some high-grade features. Besides the aforementioned Snapdragon 845 processor, the device sports a large 6-inch QHD screen, a pixel-packed quad-camera system, Edge Sense, and a decent 3,500mAh battery.
From what it looks like, the Exodus 1 is a reconfigured HTC U12 Plus smartphone. These two devices share an identical specs sheet and even a nerdy, transparent back panel that give you a good look of the hardware inside.
HTC Exodus 1 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Single/Dual SIM (Hybrid, dual-standby)
- 6-inch Super LCD6 QHD+ display, 2880 x 1440 resolution, ~537ppi
- 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- HDR10, DCI-P3
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 400GB
- 8-megapixel + 8-megapixel dual front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (wide-angle, f/1.7) + 16-megapixel (telephoto, f/2.6) dual rear camera, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, dual-tone flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers
- Edge Sense 2
- IP68 water and dustproof
- Zion Wallet, Secure Enclave, Social Key Recovery
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C 3.1
- Dimensions: 156.6 x 73.9 x 8.7mm
- Weight: 188g
- 3,500mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
Staying true to its mission, you can only pay for the HTC Exodus 1 using crypto money. It will retail for BTC 0.15 or ETH 4.78, which is at around Php51,396 as of writing. The device is now up for pre-order and will ship sometime in October.