Huawei has created a tablet specifically made for kids. Meet the MatePad T10 Kids Edition, and boy, why isn’t everyone making products like this.
Hardware-wise, the Huawei MatePad T10 Kids Edition is essentially the same as the MatePad T10s. It has the same Kirin 710A processor, a 9.7-inch HD+ screen, no Google Mobile Services), and a 5,100mAh battery with a USB Type-C charger.
The main highlight here is the features meant for kids. For starters, there is the bright paint job with an anti-shock shell created from food-grade silicone material. It has a built-in stand/handle, too.
If the kid is old enough, or if the parents want to use it, the case can be removed.
A stylus is also included to develop your kids’ creativity. It comes with Azoomee 12-month subscription. It’s a service that offers child-friendly games, puzzles, and inspirational videos.
Huawei also added a safety feature where the MatePad T10 is disabled until it fully charges.
The Huawei MatePad T10 Kids Edition has a price of IDR2,900,000 (around Php9,700) and is now up for pre-order in Indonesia. Its release date in the Philippines is yet to be announced. In the meantime, you can check the standard version that starts at Php11,999.
Huawei MatePad T10 Kids Edition Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 10.1 (HMS)
- Single SIM
- 9.7-inch IPS display, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, 156ppi
- 2.0GHz Kirin 710A octa-core processor
- Mali G51
- 16GB/32GBinternal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 2-megapixel front camera
- 5-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2, AF
- Stereo speakers, Harman Kardon
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 247 x 176 x 14mm
- Weight: 797.8g
- Color: Deepsea Blue, Blue (Kids case)
- 5,100mAh non-removable battery, 5W charger