Huawei introduced a couple of new hardware during its APAC event. One of them is a brand new midrange phone, the Huawei Nova 8i.
Launched alongside the new Watch 3, FreeBuds 4, and other computer peripherals, the Huawei Nova 8i still runs on Android 10-based EMUI 11. Albeit, it should be upgradeable to the company’s own HarmonyOS 2 in the future.
The aging Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor is not too appealing, either. On the upside, the rest of the specs sheet is quite packed. It has an enormous 6.67-inch screen, ultra-fast 66W charging, and a 64-megapixel main camera.
It also has a quite interesting design on the back with a circular accent for the quad-camera setup, reminiscent of the Mate 30 from a couple of years ago.
The official price and availability of the Huawei Nova 8i in the Philippines are yet to be revealed. However, we’ve spotted the device on Huawei Malaysia’s website with a price of MYR1,299 (around Php15,500).
Huawei Nova 8i Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2376 x 1080 pixel resolution, 391ppi
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.85 x 74.7 x 8.58mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Interstellar Blue, Moonlight Silver, Starry Black
- 4,300mmAh non-removable battery, 66W SuperCharge