The Lenovo Legion Phone Duel 2 has been announced, and it’s easily the most lucrative smartphone around.
Let’s get right to it—the Lenovo Legion Phone Duel 2 features not one but two cooling fans. We rarely see an actual fan that cools a mobile chipset, let alone two.
The bottom fan is responsible for taking hot air and passes through the heat sink, which then exits to the top exhaust fan.
As per the company, this dual-fan design can improve thermal efficiency by 30%. The fans will be responsible for cooling the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset, which you can get with up to 18GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.
It should also help cool the 5,500mAh battery (split into two 2,750mAh cells) when charging up to 90W, which you can do by combining the included 65W adapter and an optional one.
A feature on its Android 11-based ZUI 12.5 monitors the heat and charging speeds for optimized power delivery and battery preservation.
We then have an enormous 6.92-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen on the front with all the bells and whistles: 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 1,300-nit peak brightness, a pair of speakers, and a whopping 720Hz touch sampling for improved responsiveness.
The first Legion Phone’s side-mounted pop-up camera is still here, but now with a sharper 44-megapixel Samsung sensor. While on the back — between two large squares for cooling — is a 64-megapixel main shooter and 16-megapixel ultra-wide. They are on a glass island with an RGB-lit Legion logo.
Like the ROG Phone 5 and other gaming phones, the Legion Phone Duel 2 ultrasonic shoulder triggers, but you get two on each side for this one. For more precise control, it also has two display force touchpoints and capacitive keys on the back.
The Legion Phone 2 Duel also has Dual X-Axis Haptic vibration linear motors for a more tactile feel when gaming.
You can get the Lenovo Legion Phone 2 Duel for a price of EUR999 (around Php57,700) for the 16GB/512GB, which already comes with a charging dock. You can get the 12GB/256GB option without the accessory for EUR799 (around Php46,100). It will arrive in the Asia Pacific and Europe sometime in May. Its availability details in the Philippines shall be announced soon, so stay tuned for that.
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel 2 Specs
- Android 11, ZUI 12.5
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.92-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2460 x 1080 pixel resolution, 388ppi
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G octa-core processor
- Twin Turbo Fan cooling system, Vapor Chamber liquid cooling
- 12GB/16GB/18GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 256GB/512GB UFS3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 44-megapixel side-mounted pop-up front camera
- 64-megapixel (OV64A, f/1.9) + 16-megapixel (ultra-wide) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Stereo front speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Four microphones
- Quad ultrasonic shoulder triggers, Rear capacitive triggers
- Dual pressure touch display buttons
- RGB logo
- Dual X-Axis Haptic Vibration Linear Motors
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, dual-band Galileo, QZSS, dual-band BDS
- 1x USB Type-C 3.1, 1x USB Type-C 2.0
- Dimensions: 176 x 78.5 x 9.9mm
- Weight: 259g
- Colors: Ultimate Black, Titanium White
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 5,500mAh non-removable battery, 90W charging support, 65W charger included