Motorola has a brand-new flagship device, the Edge Plus 2023, and it’s poised to blow the competition out of the water thanks to its competitive price tag.
The new Motorola Edge Plus 2023 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, the same chipset found on other more expensive flagships in the market today. Albeit, it only has a single 8GB RAM option, but does come with 256GB and 512GB storage variants.
It also boasts a large, colorful, and fast 6.67-inch AMOLED curved screen with a 165Hz adaptive refresh rate. HDR10+ and Dolby Vision are also supported.
A punch-hole on the top holds the sharp 60-megapixel selfie camera with 4K video support. While on the back, we have a 50-megapixel main shooter with OIS, another 50-megapixel sensor for ultra-wide and macro shots, and a 12-megapixel shooter with a 2x portrait lens with a bright f/1.6 aperture.
The device then has a large 5,100mAh battery with 68W charging support. Wireless charging is also available at 15W speeds and reverse wireless charging at 5W.
It then ships with the latest Android 13 software. Made to be durable, it is sandwiched with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and has an IP68 rating for being dust and water-resistant.
The new Motorola Edge Plus 2023 will be first available in Canada this May 19 for a price of CAD1,299 (~Php52,800). Release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
Motorola Edge Plus 2023 Specs
- Android 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 165Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, 1300-nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus front and back
- 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 octa-core processor
- Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB/512GB UFS 4.0 internal storage, non-expandable
- 60-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, 1/1.55″, PDAF, OIS) + 50-megapixel (ultra-wide/macro, f/2.2) + 12-megapixel (2x telephoto, f/1.6) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- IP68 dust and water resistant
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo Speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 7, tri-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 74 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 203g
- Colors: Interstellar Black
- 5,100mAh non-removable battery, 68W wired, 15W wireless, 5W reverse wireless charging