Motorola brought the Moto E40 in the Philippines, which is said to be the cheapest 90Hz smartphone in the country.
The Motorola Moto E40 is an entry-level smartphone with a UNISOC T700 octa-core processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. Whether it can actually take advantage of its smooth 90Hz display or not is yet to be known.
Besides having a smooth refresh rate, everything else is quite standard for this budget device. The display itself is a 6.5-inch IPS panel with an HD+ pixel resolution. It also has a 5,000mAh battery and 10W charging like everyone has.
Around the back there’s a sharp 48-megapixel main camera, joined by two 2-megapixel sensors. We also have the Motorola logo back here that doubles as the fingerprint scanner. On the front, there’s a punch-hole for the selfie camera.
The Moto E40 has an SRP of Php6,995 in the Philippines. But for a limited time, you can get it at Lazada for only Php5,995. It’s only available in Carbon Gray, with no word if the Pink Clay will also make it locally.
Motorola Moto E40 Specs
- Android 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 270ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 1.8GHz UNISOC T700 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali G52 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/2.0, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- IP52 water repellent
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFI 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 168.1 x 75.6 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Carbon Gray, Pink Clay
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging