Nokia and HMD Global’s low-end smartphone line is known for its two-day battery life. And this 2019, we’re getting a new device with the same impressive feature. Meet the Nokia 2.3.
So, how did the new Nokia 2.3 was able to get this impressive battery longevity? Well, for starters, it uses a 4,000mAh battery.
That capacity might look common for smartphones today, but what really made it achieve that two-day battery feat is its efficient 6.2-inch HD 720p screen.
It also has an overwhelming MediaTek Helio A22 quad-core processor, with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. The device is part of the Android One program, so its Android 9 Pie OS should ease things out for the humble processor.
Both Nokia and HMD Global also made a 3-year monthly security update promise on this device. Plus, a sure Android 10 update once it becomes available.
The Nokia 2.3 comes with the compromises that budget smartphones have. For one, it doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner. Also, it only has a 5-megapixel selfie snapper and a 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel camera on the back.
Nokia 2.3 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Android One
- Single/Dual SIM, nano
- 6.2-inch HD+ IPS display
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio A22 quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- PowerVR GE8320
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.4
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth-sensing) rear cameras, LED flash
- Face unlock
- Dedicated Google Assistant Button
- 4G LTE Cat 4
- WiF 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio (headset required)
- Headphone jack
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 157.69 x 75.41 x 8.68mm
- Weight: 183g
- Colors: Cyan Green, Sand, Charcoal
- 4,000mAh battery, 5V charging
The Nokia 2.3 will have a retail price of EUR109 (~Php6,121). Its pricing and availability details here in the Philippines are yet to be announced so stay tuned for that.