We have yet another contender in the lower midrange segment in the Philippines. The company just announced that they will be bringing the Nokia 5.1 Plus in the country, just in time for the holiday season.
The new Nokia 5.1 Plus features a shiny glass back panel with a CNC-machined chassis, which easily provides a premium look and feel. That’s a surprising for a device at this price.
Right on front, we have a large 5.8-inch screen, with a compromised resolution of HD+. There’s also a notch on top and a noticeably thick bezel on the bottom.
To handle all the number crunching, the Nokia 5.1 Plus has a MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor, with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that can go up to 400GB via a microSD card.
Thanks to the Helio P60 processor, its 13-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras get to have AI assistance, which will help the hardware produce better-looking images.
Powering it up is a decent 3,060mAh battery. Lastly, the Nokia 5.1 Plus is also part of the Android One family, so expect its Android 8 Oreo OS to be updated to the new Android Pie once it becomes available in the coming weeks.
Nokia 5.1 Plus Specs
- Android 8 Oreo, Android One
- Dual SIM
- 5.8-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~287ppi
- 2.5D glass, 19:9 aspect ratio
- 1.8GHz MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 400GB
- 8-megapixel, f/2.2
- 13-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, AI assistance, f/2.0, LED flash
- Single speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE Cat. 4
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98, 8.09mm
- Colors: Gloss White, Gloss Black, Midnight Gloss Blue
- 3,060mAh non-removable battery
You can get your own Nokia 5.1 Plus starting November 12 with a price of Php12,990. It’s also available through Home Credit under a 6-month 0% interest plan.