OPPO has introduced the A16e as an addition to its entry-level line-up.
The OPPO A16e is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 processor from three years ago. You can get it with 3GB or 4GB of RAM and 32GB or 64GB of expandable storage.
It then has a standard 60Hz refresh rate for the 6.52-inch HD+ screen that’s at least protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. There’s a waterdrop notch on top for the selfie camera. Keeping the lights on is a decent 4,230mAh battery with the charging speed unknown (we suspect it’s at least 10W).
There’s a small camera island on the back for the single 13-megapixel shooter with the AI logo mimicking the look of a secondary sensor. If you can’t find the fingerprint scanner that’s because it doesn’t have any.
The OPPO A16e is available in India for INR9,990 (around Php6,900) and INR11,990 (around Php8,200) for the 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB models, respectively.
OPPO A16e Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate, 480-nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- IMG GE8320 GPU
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.4 x 7.85mm
- Weight: 175g
- Colors: White, Blue, Midnight Black
- 4,230mAh non-removable battery