OPPO launched a new budget-friendly 5G smartphone, the OPPO A53s 5G.
The main highlight here is the MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset, a processor that’s been powering a lot of affordable 5G phones like the OPPO A53s 5G.
Other than the chipset and 5G connectivity, the rest of the specs are fairly standard. No 90Hz refresh rate even. It has a 6.52-inch HD+ screen with an 8-megapixel selfie camera inside a waterdrop notch.
Meanwhile, the 5,000mAh battery should provide an entire day of use. On the downside, it only has a 10W charger.
The back panel looks clean and simple — in a good way. There’s the triple camera setup and 5G logo on the top right. There’s the fingerprint scanner that doubles as a lock/power switch on the left side of the device.
Initially available in India, the OPPO A53s has a price of INR14,990 (around Php9,800) for the 6GB variant and INR16,990 (around Php11,100) for the 6GB. Both models will have the same 128GB of storage. Release details shall be announced soon.
OPPO A53s 5G Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate, 60Hz touch sampling, 480-nits peak brightness
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.0 x 75.7 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 189.6g
- Colors: Crystal Blue, Ink Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging