More and more midrange smartphones are getting the 5G treatment. This time, we have the new OPPO A55 5G.
The MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset powers the new OPPO A55 5G. This machine has two 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 performance cores and six 2GHz Cortex-A55 efficiency cores. The chipset is partnered with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage.
But unlike other devices, this one only has a 60Hz screen instead of 90Hz. Still, it’s large enough at 6.5-inches for multitasking. There’s a notch on top for the 8-megapixel selfie camera. While on the back, you can spot the triple camera setup.
For a cleaner look, OPPO put the fingerprint scanner on the side — a design choice that’s becoming more popular on budget phones that can’t have in-display fingerprint scanners. We then have a USB Type-C port at the bottom to charge the generous 5,000mAh battery.
As usual, the OPPO A55 5G will be initially sold in China. It has a price of CNY1,599 (around Php11,900), while its release in the Philippines and other markets are yet to be revealed.
OPPO A55 5G Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, dual-mode 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GALILEO, QZSS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.7 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 186g
- Colors: Rhythm Black, Brisk Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charger