OPPO just released a new fancy midrange device in China. Meet the new OPPO A91.
Launched alongside the A8, the OPPO A91 brags a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen. It has a tall 20:9 aspect ratio, and a waterdrop notch for the 16-megapixel camera. It also comes with a faster and more secure in-display fingerprint scanner.
A familiar quad-camera setup is found on the back. Leading the pack is the 48-megapixel primary camera and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide. The obligatory 2-megapixel macro and depth sensors are also present.
The OPPO A91 is powered by a MediaTek Helio P70 processor, with a roomy 8GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage. An 8GB/128GB configuration is starting to become a norm in midrange devices today. It used to be exclusive to high-end ones.
Just like the OPPO Reno 2 and its other brothers, the A91 has VOOC 3.0 fast-charging support. Despite the large 4,000mAh, the device looks relatively sleek at 7.9mm. It’s partnered with a shiny, curved back panel.
The OPPO A91 has a price of CNY1,999 (~Php14,500). It will initially go on sale in China starting December 26. The pricing and availability details in the Philippines are yet to be announced.
OPPO A91 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inch AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~411ppi
- 20:9 aspect ratio, 90.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, TÜV Rheinland eye protection
- 2.1GHz MediaTek Helio P70 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G72 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS, Galileo, GLONASS
- Headphone jack
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 7.9mm
- Weight: 172g
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, VOOC 3.0 fast charging