The OPPO A97, which was recently been spotted in a couple of leaks, has been finally made official.
Everything about the OPPO A97 is something to be expected, especially for a modern mid-range smartphone. For one, it is powered by the widely-used MediaTek Dimensity 810 octa-core processor. What took us by surprise is its generous 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage, easily outshining competitors stuck with an 8GB/128GB configuration.
The screen is large and sharp, albeit still not an AMOLED panel. We’re looking at a 6.6-inch LCD display with a 90Hz refresh rate. A notch on top of the screen holds another surprising feat: a sharp 12-megapixel selfie camera instead of the usual 8-megapixels.
Two large circles highlight the back panel design. The one on top holds the 48-megapixel main shooter, while the latter is shared by the 2-megapixel depth sensor and the LED flash.
Behind the back panel sits a large 5,000mAh battery which is paired with a 33W fast charger.
It goes without saying that the device runs on ColorOS 12 UI based on Android 12, and has 5G connectivity, stereo speakers, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The OPPO A97 has a price of CNY2,099 (around Php17,600) in China. It is now up for pre-order and will ship on July 15.
OPPO A97 Specs
- Android 12, ColorOS 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2460 x 1080 pixel resolution, 407ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 810 octa-core processor
- 12GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 12-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, Dirac audio
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging