Xiaomi has finally brought the POCO M4 5G to the global stage. Sadly, while it retains almost all of the key features, this one appears to be a downgraded version from the initial model that came out in India back in April.
The POCO M4 5G Global now only has a 13-megapixel main camera, a substantial downgrade from the 50-megapixel sensor found on the Indian version. The selfie camera was also dropped to 5-megapixels from 8-megapixels.
Everything else is the same. It is still powered by the trusty MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor, paired with 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of storage.
On the front, we have a 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, still with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate.
The design on the back is the same, with a thick black line that highlights the dual rear cameras and the POCO branding.
Keeping the lights on is the usual 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support. Xiaomi is shipping the device with a 22.5W adapter, as well as the Android 12 operating system with MIUI 13 for POCO interface on top.
The POCO M4 5G retails for EUR219 (around Php12,400) and EUR249 (around Php14,100) in Europe. That’s for the 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB versions, respectively. Release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
POCO M4 5G Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (PDAF, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Single loudspeaker
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- IR blaster
- FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 76.1 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 200g
- Colors: POCO Yellow, Cool Blue, Power Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging