Xiaomi has introduced a 4G model for the POCO M4 Pro and it brings a couple of firsts for the series.
For starters, the POCO M4 Pro 4G is the first from the line to come with an AMOLED panel. More than that, it’s a 6.6-inch FHD+ screen with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling for responsiveness, and an impressive 1,000-nits of peak brightness.
It also gets to have a 256GB storage option, something that its siblings didn’t have. Since it’s a 4G-only device, it swaps the Dimensity 810 chip that the 5G model has to a gaming-centric Helio G96 processor.
On the upside, it appears that the main camera got an upgrade. It now uses a 64-megapixel sensor, versus the former’s 50-megapixels. Xiaomi is also highlighting its 33W fast charger, which can apparently fully charge its 5,000mAh battery from 0% in only under an hour.
The POCO M4 Pro has a price of Php12,990 and Php13,990 for the 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB variants, respectively. Like the also-new X4 Pro 5G, they will also have early-bird prices. The base model will be at Php10,490 while the top-tier is at Php11,990. They will be available in Lazada and Shopee starting March 3.
POCO M4 Pro 4G Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13 for POCO
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.43-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel reoslution, 409ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling
- 1,000-nits peak brightness
- 2.05GHz MediaTek Helio G96 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 73.9 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 179.5g
- Colors: Cool Blue, Power Black, POCO Yellow
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging