The Realme 5i has officially launched in Vietnam, with India following suit on January 9. The device is the newest addition to Realme’s fast-growing portfolio.
As the name suggests, the smartphone is a slightly downgraded version of the Realme 5. It still has four cameras in the rear and a massive 5,000 mAh battery. The main difference of the Realme 5i with the Realme 5 is the downsized selfie camera.
The Realme 5i still uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset and an Adreno 610 GPU. It runs Android 9 Pie-based Color OS 6.1. The phone is available in two variants — 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB both having triple-sim card tray, with one dedicated for microSD.
In terms of display, the Realme 5i has a 6.5-inch IPS panel screen with 720 x 1,600 pixel resolution. At the center is a tiny waterdrop notch for the selfie camera.
Similar to its predecessor, its main sensor at the back is a 12-megapixel camera with f1/8 aperture. The same camera can shoot 4K or slow-mo videos. In addition, it also features an 8-megapixel ultrawide angle camera that covers 119-degrees field of view. The other two cameras are the 2-megapixel macro lens and the 2-megapixel depth sensor.
When it comes to the selfie camera, the Realme 5i has a downgraded 8-megapixel lens compared to that 13-megapixel shooter of its predecessor.
Aside from the cameras, another key feature of the Realme 5i is its huge 5,000 mAh battery capacity. It also comes with a micro-USB 10W charger. The phone features a wired reverse charging, which you can use to charge your other devices.
Fortunately, the phone still has a 3.5mm headphone jack on top. As for security, it has a fingerprint scanner at back and uses face unlock feature.
The Realme 5i is available in two colors — blue and green. Basing it on Vietnam’s pricing, it will cost VND3,690,000 or around Php8,100.
As of writing, no word has been given with regard to Realme 5i’s price and availability in the Philippines. We hope to see this device soon so stay tuned.
Realme 5i Specs
- Android 9 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, ~269ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3+, 89% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.25) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) +
- 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- AI scene detection, Chroma boost, Super nightscape
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, BDS, Galileo, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.6 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Green, Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W fast charging