Xiaomi held a global event and revealed the Redmi 9T, among other else.
The Redmi 9T is a rebranded version of the Note 9 4G, much like how the also-new Redmi Note 9T is to the Note 9 Pro 5G. This thing is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor and has an attractive and vibrant design.
It comes in four bright colors, most notably the Sunset Orange model. A vertical glass on the top left is home to four cameras led by a 48-megapixel main shooter and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide.
We then have a 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS screen on the front, with a waterdrop notch for the 8-megapixel selfie camera. No punch-hole. Keeping the lights on is a generous 6,000mAh battery with 18W charging. Xiaomi claims that the battery’s integrity can remain intact even after four years of continuous charging.
The Redmi 9T has a starting price of EUR159 (around Php9,400) for the 4GB/64GB model, the 4GB/128GB is at EUR189 (around Php11,100), while the SRP for the 6GB/128GB model is yet to be announced. Add EUR10 (around Php600) to those prices and gain NFC capability. Xiaomi Philippines is yet to announce its launch date in the country.
Redmi 9T Specs
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 64GB/128GBinternal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, GNSS
- IR Blaster
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Sunrise Orange, Twilight Blue, Carbon Gray, Ocean Green
- Water-repellent coating
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging