The Redmi K40 Pro Plus has been announced abroad. It may not be the exact model that markets like the Philippines will get, but it should still arrive under a different name.
With the Redmi K40 Pro Plus, you’re getting all the top features you can get from a flagship phone. There’s the WiFi 6e and 5G connectivity brought by the powerful Snapdragon 888 processor, a 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, and 33W fast charging for the 4,520mAh battery.
The main highlight here is the 108-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor that’s 1/1.52-inch in size and features 9-in-1 pixel binning. The device also comes with a whopping 360Hz touch sampling rate, the highest on any smartphone, making it much more responsive.
But despite its flagship status, Xiaomi wasn’t able to squeeze in an in-display fingerprint scanner. Instead, you’re getting a side-mounted one.
The Redmi K40 Pro Plus comes in a single RAM and storage configuration, 12GB/256GB, which costs CNY3,699 (around Php27,700).
Redmi K40 Pro Plus Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 12GB RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 108-megapixel (f/1.8, ISOCELL HM2 1/1.52-inch, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Res wireless
- Stereo Speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS, QZSS, NavIC
- IR Blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 196g
- Colors: Aurora, White, Black
- 4,520mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging