Starmobile has just announced their newest flagship smartphone, the Starmobile Knight X.
This launch is probably one of the biggest local releases in the last few months. The Starmobile Knight X is the first handset from a local manufacturer to use the new MediaTek MT6595m octa-core processor and even has 3GB of RAM to back it up. It also has Dual LTE connectivity for both SIM card slots so that means you can switch LTE networks on the fly without needing to change SIMs. The company calls this as the most advanced local phablet to date.
Starmobile Knight X specs
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Dual SIM, micro and nano SIM
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display, Scratch-resistant glass, 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution
- 2GHz (quad-core ARM Cortex-A17, 1.7GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7), MediaTek MT6595M octa-core processor with big.LITTLE technology
- PowerVR IMG Rogue G6200 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear Sony Exmor RS IMX135 camera, AF, F2.2 aperture
- 5-megapixel fixed focus front camera
- 3G, LTE, Dual-LTE switching
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC, USB OTG
- IR Blaster
- Dimensions: 152 x 77.7 x 8.9mm
- 3350mAh battery
Starmobile didn’t reveal any information about pricing just yet, but they said that it will be revealed and be made available “soon”. They confirmed that it will retail for less than Php20,000. What do you think about this new phablet?