TCL Philippines brought another one of its budget 5G phones to the country, the 20 R 5G.
One of the cheapest you can get in the market, it’s no surprise that the TCL 20 R 5G is still powered by the good ol’ MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor.
The device was initially released in two RAM and storage options: 4GB/64GB and 4GB/128GB. TCL Philippines didn’t mention that unit we’re getting, but we suspect it’s the latter.
TCL equipped it with its signature NXTVISION technology, a proprietary display technology that should improve the quality. The screen itself is a 6.52-inch IPS HD+ panel that has a smooth 90Hz refresh rate but only has an HD+ pixel resolution.
Battery life is not the best, but decent enough. It has a 4,500mAh capacity that charges via an included 15W charger.
The cameras on the back are nothing to brag about, either. The main one only has a 13-megapixel sensor, joined by two 2-megapixel obligatory shooters.
You can get the TCL 20 R 5G in the Philippines for Php11,990.
TCL 20 R 5G Specs
- Android 11, TCL UI 3.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 268ppi
- TCL NXTVISION technology, 90Hz refresh rate, 500-nits
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- Mali G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (AF, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 75 x 8.99mm
- Weight: 186g
- Colors: Granite Grey, Lazurite Blue
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charger