vivo has introduced the Y22 abroad carrying a couple of familiar specs and features.
The new vivo Y22 is powered by the aging MediaTek Helio G70 octa-core processor, paired with an uninspiring 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage.
On the front, we have the usual 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display. A traditional waterdrop notch is on top to hold the 8-megapixel selfie camera.
Around the back, you can spot a sharp 50-megapixel main camera, joined by a 2-megapixel macro lens. No ultra-wide lens nor a depth sensor.
Keeping the lights on, just like everyone else, is a 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
It also has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and ships with the modern Android 12-based Funtouch OS 12.
The vivo Y22 has a price of INR14,499 (around Php10,400) in India. No word yet if it’s coming to other markets like the Philippines.
vivo Y22 Specs
- Android 12, Funtouch OS 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.55-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 267ppi
- MediaTek Helio G70 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 76.10 x 8.38mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Starlit Blue, Metaverse Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging