We’re seeing a surge in new devices powered by the good ol’ Dimensity 700 processor.
The MediaTek chip on the Vivo Y33s 5G can be paired with any of the three RAM options: 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB. But whichever you choose, you’d still be getting 128GB of storage that you can expand by up to 1TB via the microSD card slot. Oh, and since it’s initially coming out in China, it will ship with the brand’s own OriginOS Ocean that’s based on Android 12.
This new variant is entirely different from the Y33s 4G that arrived in the Philippines back in October. While it does have 5G, the cameras have been heavily downgraded as we now only have a 13-megapixel main shooter and a 2-megapixel macro lens. The initial model gets to enjoy a sharper 50-megapixel camera and an extra 2-megapixel depth sensor.
On the upside, it still has a 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging support. There’s also a 6.51-inch LCD screen on the front and a fingerprint scanner on the side that doubles as the lock/power button.
The Vivo Y33s has a price of CNY1,299 (around Php10,600), CNY1,399 (around Php11,400), and CNY1,599 (around Php13,000) for the 4GB/128GB, 6GB/128GB, and 8GB/128GB models, respectively. They are now up for pre-order on Vivo China’s official website.
Vivo Y33s 5G
- Android 12, OriginOS Ocean
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.9 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 185g
- Colors: Gradient, Blue, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging