Vivo’s latest 5G-equipped midrange phone, the Y72 5G, is now available in the Philippines via Smart Postpaid.
Like a lot of 5G midrangers we’re seeing in the country, the Vivo Y72 5G is powered by the trusty MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset paired with 8GB of memory and 128GB of expandable storage.
There’s a 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS screen on the front sans a high refresh rate. It’s also rigged with a 5,000mAh battery juiced by an 18W charger.
For the software side, the Y72 runs on Android 11-based Funtouch OS 11.1.
Like its cousins, cameras are a big deal on these devices. It shares a similar camera design that the X-series has and houses a 64-megapixel main shooter and 8-megapixel ultrawide.
All this hardware is crammed inside a device that’s only 8.5mm thin.
You can get the Vivo Y72 5G with Smart Signature Plan 1499 with a Php1,810 one-time cashout and Php100/mo. They are also throwing in a free Bluetooth speaker to sweeten the deal.
Vivo Y72 5G Specs
- Android 11, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (Depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Super linear speakers
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.95 x 75.3 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colors: Dream Glow, Graphite Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging