vivo adds another device to its ever-growing Y-series with the release of the new Y75s.
The vivo Y75s share a similar formula that a lot of devices in its class have. But to keep it interesting, vivo has upped some of the numbers like rigging it with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
That said, it is still powered by the trusty but aging MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor. Sadly, it only ships with the last generation’s Android 11-based OriginOS Ocean version.
It then has a standard 60Hz refresh rate for the 6.58-inch FHD+ LCD screen. To try to compensate, vivo increased the touch sampling to 120Hz for better responsiveness.
On the back, we have a familiar narrow glass that holds the triple rear cameras. There’s the sharp 64-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel macro lens. There’s a 16-megapixel sensor on the front for selfies.
Keeping the lights on is the usual 5,000mAh battery paired with an 18W charger.
The vivo Y75s comes in 8GB/256GB and 12GB/256GB models for a price of CNY1,899 (around Php15,600) and CNY2,199 (around Php18,000), respectively. They are now available in China while release details in other markets are yet to be known.
vivo Y75s Specs
- Android 11, OriginOS Ocean
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch sampling
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (PDAF, f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.3 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colors: Black, Blue/Purple
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W charging