After weeks of leaks and rumors, the new Xiaomi Civi 2 has been finally made official.
The new Xiaomi Civi 2 has the bragging right of being one of the first phones to be powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 octa-core processor, mated to a large 2387mm² liquid cooling.
On the front, we have a large 6.55-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with 10-bit color, a fast 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, and slightly curved for a more premium appeal.
The top has a pill-shaped notch in the middle that houses two 32-megapixel sensors. One is for regular selfies while the other has a 100-degree ultra-wide lens for group shots or solo video recording. They also get their own quad-LED flash, with two on each side for better light distribution.
On the back, there’s a triple-camera setup led by a 50-megapixel IMX766 sensor, joined by a 20-megapixel ultra-wide, and an obligatory macro lens.
Like its predecessors, one of the main highlights here is the thin and lightweight build. It is only 7.23mm thick and weighs 171.8g. To achieve this, the Civi 2 only has a 4,500mAh battery compared to the usual 5,000mAh. On the upside, it does have a speedy 67W fast charger.
The Xiaomi Civi 2 has a starting price of CNY2,399 (around Php19,800) for the 8GB/128GB model, CNY2,499 (around Php20,600) for the 8GB/256GB, and CNY2,799 (around Php23,100) for the 12GB/256GB variant. It comes in Pink, Ice Blue, and a Black and White color that comes with a special Hello Kitty package. It is now available in China with release details in other markets yet to be announced.
Xiaomi Civi 2 Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.55-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling, 1920Hz PWM dimming
- HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1000-nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 662 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage
- 32-megapixel (f/2.0) + 32-megapixel (ultra-wide) front cameras, Quad-LED flash
- 50-megapixel (IMX766, f/1.8) + 20-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NavIC, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.2 × 72.7 × 7.23mm
- Weight: 171.8g
- 4,500mAH non-removable battery, 67W fast charging