Apple has introduced an upgraded version of the iPad for 2021.
Unlike the new iPad mini, the iPad 2021 offers minor upgrades over its predecessor. Which should be fine since it’s actually cheaper.
It looks exactly the same on the surface since it retains the thick bezels with the Touch ID on the chin. However, there are actually a couple of things that are new here. For one, the screen itself is now a Retina display with the fancy True Tone technology that adjusts the screen setting to match a room’s color temperature.
The 2021 model also gets a new 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera, which now has a Center Stage feature that intelligently zooms in and out of the subject to make video calls more engaging.
This new Center Stage feature was made possible by the Neural Engine brought by the upgraded A13 Bionic Chip. This new processor makes everything more responsive and has a 20% faster GPU for games.
Apple has also upgraded the base model to have a more acceptable 64GB of storage. It comes with cellular options, but no 5G.
The new iPad 2021 will be available in the Philippines in the coming weeks.
iPad 2021 price in the Philippines
- 64GB, WiFi only: Php19,990
- 64GB, LTE: Php27,990
- 256GB, WiFi only: Php28,990
- 256GB, LTE: Php36,990
iPad 2021 Specs
- nano SIM, eSIM
- 10.2-inch Retina IPS display, 2160 x 1620 pixel reoslution, 264ppi
- A13 Bionic chip
- Neural Engine
- 64GB/256GB internal storage
- 12-megapixel ultra-wide front camera
- 8-megapixel rear camera, f/2.4
- TouchID fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, Dual microphones
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GNSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 250.6 x 174.1 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 487g (WiFi), 498g (LTE)
- Colors: Silver, Space Gray
- up to 9 hours surfing hours, 20W USB Type-C charging