Smart Communications just announced that they are giving free access to Twitter to its users. Everyone is eligible to join as long as you have a mobile phone with mobile internet capabilities.
The free service will be available until July 31, 2013 and all you have to do is go to directly to http://m.twitter.com on the browser of your mobile phone. Of course, before even going to the specified address, you must first enable your mobile data connection. But while the Twitter access if free, you must be aware that clicking outbound links that will go to other websites will be charged so you need to be cautions. Accessing the service through an app and widget will also cost you extra charge.
Running background apps on your smartphone will also incur data charges
Smart also gave some tips on how smartphone users can avoid running background apps on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
- Download the SmarNet App on your smartphone’s respective app store.
- Launch the app and click the “Internet ON” button. Doing so will give you access to Smart’s free sites while still keeping the mobile data connection turned on.
- To revert back to original settings, just go to the app and click “Internet OFF”.
- Doing the listed steps above will prevent running apps that will incur data charges.
- For more info, text “Twitter” and send it to “211”.
What are you waiting for you? Go ahead and join the Twitter fun! Don’t forget to follow @NoypiGeeks for your latest news in tech!