Canon might be falling behind the mirrorless camera race. But still, the baby steps that they’re doing is really appreciated.
This time, the company has launched their Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera in the Philippines — a camera that will go against the products from the giants such as Sony and Fujifilm.
The M50 has a 24.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 8 Image Processor. It can shoot UHD 4K videos and 120-fps slow motion videos at 720p, and it supports EF-M lenses.
It is equipped with a 3-inch touchscreen LCD that has a vari-angle adjustment so you can shoot from different angles. You can also use its OLED electronic viewfinder for a more uninterrupted frame adjustment.
Canon EOS M50 Specs
- 24.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus
- DIGIC 8 image processor
- 10fps continuous shooting
- 4K UHD video recording
- 120-fps slow motion @ 720p
- Optical Image Stabilization (compatible lens)
- 0.39-type OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3-inch touchscreen, vari-angle
- Built-in flash
- 9 customizable buttons
- EF-M lens compatible
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- micro HDMI port
- SD, SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I compatible
- Dimensions: 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm
- Weight: 387g
- LP-E12 Li-Ion battery
The Canon EOS M50 body is sold for Php38,998. You can get it with an EF-M 15-45mm kit lens for Php44,998 or get those two plus a 55-200mm telephoto lens for Php60,998. You can now pre-order it in authorized stores and get a free Php2,000 gift certificate.