President Duterte has granted 6 companies 25-year franchise extensions.
One of the firms is Nation Broadcasting Corporation of the Philippines (NBC), a subsidiary of Mediaquest Holdings Inc., and an affiliate of PLDT. In addition, Cignal TV‘s franchise has also been renewed.
University of Southern Mindanao was also given a franchise, so they can establish and operate radio broadcasting stations in Cotabato.
Here’s the complete list of companies with renewed franchises, according to Malacañang.
- Republic Act No. 11668: 25 years franchise renewal for GV Broadcasting System, Inc. or Cignal TV
- Republic Act No. 11666: renewed another 25 years franchise granted to Soundstream Broadcasting Corporation
- Republic Act No. 11665: renewed 25 years franchise for Iriga Telephone Company, Inc.
- Republic Act No. 11667: renewed 25 years franchise granted to Nation Broadcasting Corporation of the Philippines.
- Republic Act No. 11664: renewed 25 years franchise granted to Franciscan Broadcasting Corporation.
- Republic Act No. 11669: 25 years franchise for Enrique M. Orozco and Sons, Inc. or Real Radio Network, Inc.