ASUS just launched a new midrange smartphone running on stock Android.
The device is said to be exclusive to one of India’s biggest shopping sites — Flipkart. But with its impressive specs, it would be a shame if it doesn’t reach other parts of the world, especially the Philippines.
So, what is this hype all about? For starters, the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset, the same processor found on the Zenfone 5 2018, which is one of the company’s high-end smartphones right now.
Another thing to love about the Zenfone Max Pro M1 is its ultra-large 5000mAh battery. ASUS claims that it can last for 2 days, which we think is highly possible. The device has a 10W charger so you can fill it up pretty fast.
A lot of Android enthusiasts will be glad to know that ASUS dropped their ZenUI interface on this one. Hence, the Zenfone Max Pro M1 runs on full stock Android 8.1 Oreo.
UPDATE: Here’s our full review.
Probably the only odd thing about this device is that it comes in two camera configurations. The cheaper 3GB and 4GB RAM models come with an 8-megapixel front camera and 13-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear shooters.
On the other hand, the higher-end model with 6GB of RAM is equipped with a 16-megapixel selfie shooter and a dual 16-megapixel + 5-megapixel cameras at the back.
ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~402ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB/6GB RAM
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 400GB
- 8-megapixel front camera (3GB/4GB RAM model)
- 16-megapixel front camera (6GB RAM model)
- 13-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash (3GB/4GB model)
- 16-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash (6GB RAM model)
- Fingerprint scanner
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 159 x 76 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 180g
- 5000mAh battery, 10W charger
The Zenfone Max Pro M1 price starts at INR10,999 (~Php8,700) for the 3GB/32GB variant. The 4GB/64GB configuration will be sold for INR12,999 (~Php10,300). And lastly, the 6GB/64GB model costs INR14,999 (~Php11,900).
The ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 will be available in India starting May 3. The registration process now ongoing on Flipkart’s website. The official pricing and availability in the Philippines are unknown as of the moment.