Cloudfone just released the most affordable 18:9 smartphone in the market — the Thrill Boost 3.
The 18:9 aspect ratio first appeared in flagship smartphones and midrange handsets followed after a couple of months. Other companies tried launching fairly affordable 18:9 devices, but this one from Cloudfone is the cheapest of them all.
The Cloudfone Thrill Boost 3 doesn’t have much to show for, aside from the screen ratio and its price tag. It features a measly 960 x 480 pixel resolution, which isn’t really impressive on paper. Fortunately, the screen size is on the small side at 5.2-inches, but it’s probably not sharp enough for trained eyes. However, for those who are just starting out on smartphones, this would not be a problem at all.
Performance-wise, it’s not a champ either. It’s equipped with a quad-core MediaTek chipset, a paltry 1GB of DDR2 RAM, and 8GB of internal storage. If the user needs more storage, the device also supports micro SD cards of up to 64GB.
Cloudfone Thrill Boost 3 Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual SIM, Dual standby (micro SIM)
- 5.45-inch FWVGA+ IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display, 960 x 480 pixel resolution, ~197 ppi
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6580M processor
- Mali-400 GPU
- 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB using micro SD
- WiFi b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- 3G, HSPA+
- 5-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED Flash
- 5-megapixel front camera with LED Flash
- Bluetooth v4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 148.8 mm x 71.8 mm x 8.96 mm
- Weight: 175g
- 2,500mAh battery
Those who are interested in this smartphone can personally test it out on Cloudfone stores and authorized dealers nationwide. The Cloudfone Thrill Boost 3 has a price of only Php2,999.