Honor subtly launched a new budget-friendly smartphone in Russia, dubbed as the Honor 8S.
As the name suggests, the Honor 8A is going to be the more toned-down version of the Honor 8C. It will utilize a MediaTek Helio A22 quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage.
There’s also the 5.71-inch HD+ screen on the front, with a metal-looking back panel and a design touch on the far left that’s identical to the Honor 8X.
On the back, we have a 13-megapixel primary camera, while a much lower 5-megapixel sensor is found on the front for selfies. While on the inside we have a 3,020mAh battery to juice it up.
Honor 8S Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 5.7-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~295ppi
- MediaTek Helio A22 quad-core processor
- PowerVR GE8320
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8, PDAF, LED flash
- HSPA+ 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 147.13 x 70.78 x 8.45mm
- Colors: Gold, Blue, Black
- 3,020mAh non-removable battery
The Honor 8S is available in Russia for RUB8,490 (~Php6,800). Its release details in the Philippines are yet to be announced. But considering that the Honor 8C is already in the picture, we don’t expect the 8S to arrive here anytime soon.