Honor subtly introduced a new budget phone in China, the Honor Play 6C.
The Honor Play 6C has all the ingredients you can expect from an entry-level device. For starters, it has a 6.5-inch IPS screen, but only has an HD+ resolution. On the upside, it does have a smooth 90Hz refresh rate.
It’s then powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 Plus octa-core processor. It may be budget-friendly, but it does come with 5G connectivity. Honor’s GPU Turbo X is also present to optimize the hardware and software for the best possible gaming experience.
The device then has a 5,000mAh battery, just like everyone else, and is bundled with a 22.5W fast charging.
On the front, you can spot a 5-megapixel camera for selfies. While on the back, there’s a single 13-megapixel main shooter.
Handling the software is the latest Android 12 operating system with Magic UI 5.0 on top. For security, Honor rigged it with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, which doubles as the lock/power switch.
The Honor Play 6C is available in 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB variants for a price of CNY1,099 (around Php9,000) and CNY1,299 (around Php10,600), respectively. You can get it in Aurora Blue, Titanium Silver, and Magic Night Black.
Honor Play 6C Specs
- Android 12, Magic UI 5.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ LCD display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 Plus octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.66 x 75.13 x 8.68mm
- Weight: 194g
- Colors: Titanium Silver, Aurora Blue, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 22.5W fast charging