OPPO Philippines recently launched not one, not two, but three new A-series devices for those who are on a budget. Sitting in the middle is the device we’re taking a look at here, the OPPO A17.
The OPPO A17 is a lot more affordable than the A77s but slightly more premium than the A17K: all of which just made their way to the Philippines.
For an entry-level device, you kinda already know what to expect. For starters, it has a 6.56-inch HD+ screen with a standard 60Hz refresh rate.
It is powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 processor, has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable storage, and the usual 5,000mAh battery. Not a bad combo for a daily driver device.
The 5-megapixel front camera is not the sharpest, but OPPO makes up for it by including a pixel-packed 50-megapixel sensor on the back, aided by an obligatory 2-megapixel portrait camera.
On the software side, the OPPO A17 ships with the latest Android 12 operating system. Of course, with OPPO’s ColorOS 12.1 on top.
The OPPO A17 has a price of only Php7,999 and will be available in the Philippines come October 15 on all of OPPO’s online and offline stores and retail partners.
OPPO A17 Specs
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.56-inch HD+ IPS display, 1612 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- GPS, A-GPS
- FM radio
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.6 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 189g
- Colors: Lake Blue, Midnight Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery