Honor is adding a new product in its arsenal. This time, we have an entry-level tablet, the Honor Tab 5.
The Honor Tab 5 has an 8-inch FHD+ screen with a stereo speaker setup, making it a great device for media consumption.
It’s then powered by a Kirin 710 CPU, the same processor found on the Huawei Nova 3i and the Y9 2019. It will come with 3GB/4GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of storage, and the company’s GPU Turbo 2.0 technology for better gaming experience.
Another key feature of the device is its large 5,100mAh battery, which shall provide good longevity considering how power-efficient the chipset is.
It will have an 8-megapixel camera in front and back, with the rear one having autofocus support. On the downside, the design could be a little unappetizing with its large bezels and slightly boring back panel.
Honor Tab 5 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9
- 8-inch FHD+ IPS display, 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution, ~283ppi
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- Mali-G51, GPU Turbo 2.0
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 8-megapixel rear camera, autofocus
- Dolby Atmos, Stereo speakers
- 4G LTE (select models)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 204.2 x 122.2 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 310g
- 5,100mAh non-removable battery
As of the moment, the Honor Tab 5 is only available in China. The WiFi-only model will retail for CNY1,099 (~Php8,500) while the LTE variant will be at CNY1,399 (~PHP10,900).