Honor’s latest midrange smartphone, the Honor X40, has been introduced in China featuring a few flagship-level specs and an elegant and chic design.
The Honor X40 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695. Not the most powerful chip around, but should suffice for a midrange device. It even has 5G connectivity to make it futureproof.
If not for the processor, you’d mistake the X40 as a flagship device. Why? For starters, it has a fancy 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED, which has a speedy 120Hz refresh rate, responsive 300Hz touch sampling rate, 800-nits high brightness mode, under-screen fingerprint scanner, and is even curved for a more premium look and feel.
A small punch-hole on top of the screen allows the 8-megapixel selfie camera to peek through.
On the back, we have the Huawei Mate-like ring that holds the sharp 50-megapixel main camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor, and the LED flash on top.
It has a 5,000mAh battery, which is marginally bigger than the usual 5,000mAh that a lot of devices have. A 40W faster charger is included to juice it up.
The Honor X40 is available in four RAM and storage variants: 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB, and 12GB/256GB. Price starts at only CNY1,499 (around Php12,300). Release details for the global market are yet to be revealed.
Honor X40 Specs
- Android 12, Magic UI 6.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 73.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 172g
- Colors: Gold, Silver, Blue, Black
- 5,100mAh non-removable battery, 40W fast charging