HTC’s latest member of their mid-range powerhouse Desire product family is now officially available! But the bad news is that it’s only available in Taiwan for the moment.
However, based on the specs, it would be worth the wait for some. It will come in two variants: the regular Desire 620, which comes with a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC, and a cheaper Desire 620G which alternatively comes with MediaTek MTK MT6592 SoC. Most other specs are the same with a few exceptions.
HTC Desire 620/620G Specs:
- 5″ HD resolution (720 x 1280 pixels) screen (~294 ppi pixel density)
- Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU with Adreno 306 GPU (for Desire 620)
- MediaTek MTK MT6592 SoC (for Desire 620G)
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB (for Desire 620) or 32GB (for Desire 620G) via microSD card
- 8MP main camera with autofocus and LED flash, 5MP front camera
- Dual SIM, HSPA, LTE (for Desire 620, only WCDMA for Desire 620G), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 2100mAh battery
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense UI
These are very respectable specs for mid-range devices from HTC. They’re to be sold in Taiwan today (December 1) for TWD 6,990 (roughly PHP 10,120) for the Desire 620 and the cheaper Desire 620G for TWD 4,990 (roughly PHP 7,220).
[Source: GSM Arena]