In case you’re wondering, HTC still exist. They may not launch new smartphones as much as others have, but they have enough to stay in business. With that, today, we’re greeted with the HTC U19e.
Right off the bat, you would immediately appreciate its design. The HTC U19e is available in a transparent Extraordinary Purple that’s identical to their flagship, the Exodus 1. A more muted Modest Green variant is also available, which has a matte finish.
The entire specs sheet looks like a standard affair. There’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor under the hood. That’s bundled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
A 6.0-inch FHD+ OLED screen is found on the front. HTC is sparing us from the notch and kept a thick notch instead to make room for the 24-megapixel selfie camera and a 2-megapixel iris scanner for security.
The HTC U19e has a 12-megapixel primary camera on the back, with a wide aperture f/1.8. It’s then partnered with a 20-megapixel sensor with a 2x telephoto lens.
HTC U19e Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, HTC Sense
- Dual SIM
- 6-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 24-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 20-megapixel (2x telephoto) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Iris scanner
- HTC BoomSound HiFi
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C 3.1
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 75.9 x 8mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Extraordinary Purple, Modest Green
- 3,930mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 4.0
The HTC U19e is now available in Taiwan for a price of TWD14,900 (~Php24,600).