Huawei has released the fifth member of the Mate 40 line-up, the new Huawei Mate 40E.
It will be powered by a Kirin 990E chipset, with 5G connectivity, 8GB of RAM, and an option between 128GB and 256GB of internal storage. A decent 4,200mAh battery juices everything, which charges via a 40W wired and wireless charger.
Like most flagships, it has a 90Hz 6.5-inch FHD+ screen on the front, with 240Hz touch sampling, and curved well enough for an extra premium feel.
On the back, we still have a familiar design, with a rounded glass housing the 64-megapixel LEICA lens, 8-megapixel telephoto, 16-megapixel ultra-wide, and a macro camera.
Huawei Mate 40E Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 11 (No GMS)
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2376 x 1080 pixel resolution 402ppi
- HDR10, 90Hz, 240Hz touch sampling
- 2.86GHz Kirin 990E octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G76 MP14 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, expandable via NM card up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 64-mgapixel (f/1.9, PDAF, Laser AF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 3x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF) + 16-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) rear cameras, Leica optics, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- Stereo speakers
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 72.5 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Black, White, Silver
- 4,200mAh non-removable battery, 40W wired, 40W wireless fast charging, reverse wireless charging
The Huawei Mate 40E starts at CNY4,599 (around Php34,300) for the 8GB/128GB model and CNY5,099 (around Php38,000) for the 8GB/256GB. It will be initially available in China starting March 18, with the international release yet to be announced.