Huawei launched a new and affordable midrange phone in the Philippines. Meet the Mate-like Nova Y90.
The Huawei Nova Y90 boasts a circular glass on the back, similar to what the Mate 40 Pro looks like. It holds a sharp 50-megapixel main camera, and two 2-megapixel shooters for a macro lens and depth sensor.
Under the hood, it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core processor, paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. As expected, it only has 4G connectivity, no 5G.
On the front, we have an enormous 6.7-inch FHD+ display, complete with a 90Hz refresh rate and 270Hz touch sampling rate.
The EMUI 12 operating system handles the software with the brand’s Huawei Mobile Service for apps. For the colors, the Philippines will get Midnight Black, Crystal Blue, and Emerald Green. Sadly, no Pearl White.
Like a lot of phones, it comes with a 5,000mAh battery. What’s interesting is, despite the price, it managed to have a whopping 40W Huawei SuperCharge technology.
The Huawei Nova Y90 has a price of Php11,999 and is now available on online and offline Huawei stores, Shopee, and Lazada. Pre-order the device and get a free Huawei Band 4e worth Php1,399.
Huawei Nova Y90 Specs
- EMUI 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2388 x 1080 pixel resolution, 391ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 270Hz touch sampling rate
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 74.7 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 195g
- Colors: Midnight Black, Crystal Blue, Pearl White, Emerald Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 40W Huawei SuperCharge